Advanced skills for the experienced Linux administrator
Red Hat System Administration III (RH254) is designed for experienced Linux administrators who require networking and security administration skills. With a heavy emphasis on practical, hands-on labs, this course is tightly aligned with experienced Linux administrators' job tasks and the skills required for advancement. Focus is placed on enhancing the students' automation skills to securely configure, deploy and manage network services including DNS, Apache, SMTP, and network file sharing. In addition, this course emphasizes security, including monitoring, packet filtering, access controls, and SELinux. At the completion of this course, students already familiar with the RHCSA administration skills will have exposure to all competencies tested by the RHCSA and RHCE exams.
- Senior Linux system administrators who require networking and security administration skills
- Linux IT professionals who currently have RHCT/RHCSA certification, and are interested in earning an RHCE certification
- Linux IT professionals that can demonstrate the competencies needed to earn an RHCSA, but have not passed the RHCSA exam provided with the Red Hat System Administration II course
- RHCSA - Red Hat System Administration I & II
- Equivalent experience to the RHCSA Course
- Skills required to earn an RHCSA certification
- Confirmation of the correct skill set required for this course can be obtained by passing the online pre-assessment quiz at
Recommended Next Course(s) and Exams
- Enhancing user security
- Disk management with ISCSI
- System and network activity monitoring
- Network management and packet filtering
- Software management
- Web service management
- File sharing across platforms
- Basic SMTP management
About Classroom Training
- Red Hat Certified Engineer- RHCE Exam (RH255)
- RedHat OpenStack(CL210)
- Red Hat Enterprise Virtualization (RH318), RHCVA Exam (EX318)
- Red Hat Linux Troubleshooting (RH142)
Mist instructor-lead classroom courses follow the same best-of-breed training methodology as all Mist branded training. Depending on the course, instructors are Red Hat Certified Professionals. Topics are introduced in terms of real-world use case, which student then work through using a combination of guided lecture and hands-on lab work.
Red Hat Certified Engineer (RHCE) is earned by a Red Hat Certified System Administrator (RHCSA) who has demonstrated the knowledge, skill and ability required of senior system administrator for Red Hat Enterprise Linux systems.
RHCSA certification is required in order to earn Red Hat Certified Engineer (RHCE).
The RHCE exam is a hands-on, practical exam that lasts 2.0 hours. Candidates are eligible to take the RHCE exam without first having passed the RHCSA exam, but RHCE will not be issued until both credentials are earned by a candidate.
The RHCE exam objectives provide authoritative guidance on the knowledge and skills candidates will need to demonstrate in the RHCE exam. They also provide more specific information on the exam format and coverage. All candidates are urged to use this information to evaluate their readiness for the exam.
Candidates will be emailed exam results within three US business days following the exam.
Benefits of becoming RHCE
- Experienced Linux IT professionals who currently have RHCSA certification, and are interested in earning an RHCE certification
- Experienced Red Hat Enterprise Linux system administrators seeking validation of their skills
- Students who have attended Red Hat System Administration I, II and III or RHCE Rapid Track Course
- Experienced Linux system administrators who require a certification either by their organization, or based on a mandate.
- RHCEs who are non-current, and have passed the already RHCSA exam
Confidence and competence: Race’s report greater confidence in their skills and better success at building and managing Linux servers. The actual quality of their work and their professionalism improve. They are better at performing their jobs for their employers, can take on more challenging assignments, and they receive recognition for this and to lead or supervisory role, increased recognition, prestige among colleagues.
Mist offers clear training paths for candidates to learn the required skills.
Red Hat training courses provide hands-on labs and task-focused activities balanced with facilitated discussion to help course participants build essential skills quickly and effectively. Candidates are advised that real-world system administration experience is also an important aspect of preparation for the exam.
Mist Pvt Ltd will give best red hat(rhcsa,rhce,openstack..)linux training in hyderabad and ameerpet. we will provide best lab facilty to students 8AM-8PM. and we give lab on sunday for those who are appering RHCSA,RHCE,OpenStack..etc. exams.